Today is Shrove Tuesday, or as many call it, Pancake Tuesday! With this, there will be many households preparing these treats, and not necessarily relating to Lent, which begins tomorrow.
While traditionally known as Lent and observed by many religious people worldwide, this period can be viewed as an ideal time for self-reflection and personal growth by anyone and everyone, being grateful for what we have, and also making any changes that may be desired, particularly removing any vices or bad habits.
This year, Lent is from tomorrow (February 22nd) until April 6th, and here at Usana Mindset, we are using the time to focus on wellbeing, and we invite you to do the same.
It’s essential to recognize that breaking long-standing habits can be challenging. To make this step a success, it’s recommended that individuals set realistic goals and start small.
In our fast-paced world, taking time to focus on oneself can seem like an indulgence. However, it’s essential to prioritise self-care to improve overall wellbeing, and this may involve cutting back on things, or introducing / increasing something that will enhance your life.
Here are some suggestions, but please do consider what would be a positive focus for the next 6 weeks:
- Cut Back on unhealthy habits: Reduce unhealthy habits such as smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, or unhealthy snacking (ohhhh, chocolate!) by setting realistic goals and starting small.
- Increase physical activity: Incorporate regular exercise into your routine by finding an activity you enjoy and starting small.
- Take time for yourself: Set aside time each day for relaxation, meditation, or engaging in hobbies that bring joy.
- Practice gratitude: Reflect on the things that are positive and practice gratitude by writing down three things you are grateful for each day.
- Connect with others: Build and maintain relationships with others by hosting a dinner party, joining a book club, or volunteering at a local charity.
- Volunteer or give back: Engage in charitable work or giving back to others to promote feelings of happiness and fulfilment.
By taking small steps towards healthy habits, self-care practices, and connecting with others, individuals can improve their physical, mental, and emotional health. And furthermore, what you do and achieve over the next 6 weeks will continue if real, measurable benefits are experienced.
Are you up for a period of reflection, action and positive change? 😍